Corrs à Corrs
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Corrs à Corrs

Partagez votre passion sur The Corrs!

AccueilAccueil  PortailPortail  GalerieGalerie  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  ConnexionConnexion  
Le Deal du moment : -40%
Tefal Ingenio Emotion – Batterie de cuisine 10 ...
Voir le deal
59.99 €

Articles sur les Corrs

+5
Flora
miss
Elisa
knackiball
Brownie
9 participants
Aller à la page : Précédent  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Suivant
AuteurMessage
Flora
CaCly Addicted
CaCly Addicted

Articles sur les Corrs - Page 2 Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Articles sur les Corrs   Articles sur les Corrs - Page 2 EmptyMer 29 Déc à 7:33

Ca va c'est pas trop dur heureux Enfin j'ai lus que quelques petites phrase par-ci par-là chanteur
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Brownie
Administrateur
Administrateur
Brownie

MessageSujet: Re: Articles sur les Corrs   Articles sur les Corrs - Page 2 EmptyMer 5 Jan à 17:57

http://www.hellomagazine.com/profiles/corrs/

"I went into the market-
place saying, 'I have this Irish family band who write their own stuff and play it on whistles and fiddles and bodhráns, as well as guitars, drums and keyboards'," says Corrs manager John Hughes. "The record company people looked at me with pity. It was like, 'They're gorgeous, I'll give you that, but it stops there…"

Yet the Corrs have managed to cast aside all images of the Partridge Family and the Osmonds, selling upwards of 16 million albums worldwide along the way.

The Corr children – Jim, Sharon, Caroline and Andrea – grew up in Dundalk, a small town near South Armagh known for its high unemployment rate and IRA fugitives. Father Gerry Corr worked at the local bank and he and his wife Jean played in a local band called Sound Affair, which covered Abba hits and Eagles tunes. And while Jim was briefly involved with a local gang, and the Corr sisters often skipped school, music would bring the siblings back from their short stint as delinquents.

Jim and Sharon began playing locally as a duo, but brought in their younger siblings to audition for the Alan Parker film The Commitments – which coincidentally tells the story of a struggling Irish band. Andrea scored a feature role, with the others taking bit parts. Meanwhile, the family stuck together as a quartet and worked on their sound. Three years later, the US Ambassador to Ireland, Jean Kennedy Smith, caught their well-honed act and invited them to perform at the World Cup in the States.

The Corrs were finally in the right place at the right time, winning US fans and signing with Atlantic Records. Their international debut album, Forgiven, Not Forgotten, combined pop music with traditional Irish stylings and sold over three million copies. Their incessant touring schedule helped crack markets throughout Europe and abroad, but Britain continued to remain elusive.

Andrea Corr took time off to play Juan Peron's mistress in the film Evita with Madonna, before returning to the family outfit. Talk On Corners, the Corrs's second release sold well but again failed to charm British audiences. However, after a 1998 appearance at the Royal Albert Hall their cover of the Fleetwood Mac hit Dreams scored, and by year's end Corners became the UK's top-selling album of the year, soaring to number one in both New Zealand and Malaysia.

The inescapable single Breathless followed, as did the well-received album In Blue, their most mainstream pop effort to date. Breathless caught on in the States and suddenly the Corrs were the hottest Irish export since Guinness. A supporting spot on tour with U2 in 2001 provided further exposure, and the Corrs had managed what Westlife and even Robbie Williams had failed – they became household names on both sides of the Atlantic.

Sadly, their mother Jean would not live to see the sibling's US success, dying tragically in 1999 of a rare disease. To help ease their father's grief, Andrea and Caroline penned the moving No More Cry. "Our mother wanted us to keep going, to keep getting better," says Andrea. "We have to celebrate that in our music."

The Corrs's romantic exploits have been very public, including Andrea's rumoured relationship with Robbie Williams. But it was Sharon who became the first Corr offspring to walk down the aisle when she and longtime love Gavin Bonnar tied the knot in July 2001. A year later Caroline wed boyfriend Frank Woods in an intimate Majorca ceremony. The couple celebrated the birth of their son in February 2003.
Bodhran
Closer
Closer
Bodhran

MessageSujet: Re: Articles sur les Corrs   Articles sur les Corrs - Page 2 EmptyJeu 6 Jan à 1:00

mon dieu, mais vous savez que je suis nulle ne anglais moi????
choc
miss
Administrateur
Administrateur
miss

MessageSujet: Re: Articles sur les Corrs   Articles sur les Corrs - Page 2 EmptyJeu 6 Jan à 3:38

Ha bon???????? toi aussi ??????? tongue ri
Elisa
CaCly Addicted
CaCly Addicted
Elisa

MessageSujet: Re: Articles sur les Corrs   Articles sur les Corrs - Page 2 EmptyJeu 6 Jan à 10:07

moi aussi !!!!!!!!! saut s
Flora
CaCly Addicted
CaCly Addicted

MessageSujet: Re: Articles sur les Corrs   Articles sur les Corrs - Page 2 EmptySam 8 Jan à 4:27

J'trouve pas trop dur, j'ferais bien une traduc mais j'vais me payer la honte à côté de knacki lool
Elisa
CaCly Addicted
CaCly Addicted
Elisa

MessageSujet: Re: Articles sur les Corrs   Articles sur les Corrs - Page 2 EmptySam 8 Jan à 7:57

alors kancki à cas nous la faire ? non ? allez s'il te plait ... saut
Flora
CaCly Addicted
CaCly Addicted

MessageSujet: Re: Articles sur les Corrs   Articles sur les Corrs - Page 2 EmptySam 8 Jan à 10:16

La fille qui anticipe...
Si tu veux je te le fais elisa mais faut pas montre à knacki pour pas que flora se paye la honte chanteur
knackiball
Administrateur
Administrateur
knackiball

MessageSujet: Re: Articles sur les Corrs   Articles sur les Corrs - Page 2 EmptySam 8 Jan à 10:51

Flora a écrit:
J'trouve pas trop dur, j'ferais bien une traduc mais j'vais me payer la honte à côté de knacki lool

Pourquoi ca ? ugly
http://knacki35.skyblog.com/
Elisa
CaCly Addicted
CaCly Addicted
Elisa

MessageSujet: Re: Articles sur les Corrs   Articles sur les Corrs - Page 2 EmptySam 8 Jan à 13:20

tu es trop une bossen anglais knacki !!! saut
Brownie
Administrateur
Administrateur
Brownie

MessageSujet: Re: Articles sur les Corrs   Articles sur les Corrs - Page 2 EmptySam 8 Jan à 13:49

Dans ce cas, Knacki va nous faire la traduc ?
tongue
knackiball
Administrateur
Administrateur
knackiball

MessageSujet: Re: Articles sur les Corrs   Articles sur les Corrs - Page 2 EmptySam 8 Jan à 16:01

Bon voila une traduction de l'interview, 'scuzez les fautes de traduction et de langue svp, il est tard (2h30 du mat' quand meme lol) tongue Ca m'a pris 2h quand même à tout traduire, qu'est ce que ze ferais pas pour ma tit flo ! lol ri

"J'ai été sur la place du marché en disant 'Je manage ce groupe irlandais familial qui écrit ses propres trucs et les joue aux tins whistles, violons et bodhrans ainsi qu'aux guitares, batteries et claviers'" dit John Hugues, le manager des Corrs "Les gens de la maison de disque m'ont regardé avec pitié, genre 'Ils sont merveilleux, on vous donnera ce que vous voulez mais ca n'ira pas plus loin...'"

Néanmoins, les Corrs sont parvenu à rejetter toutes les images de la Famille Patridge et des Osmonds, vendant près de 16 millions d'albums partout dans le monde durant leur carrière.

Les enfants Corr - Jim, Sharon, Caroline et Andrea - ont grandi à Dundalk, une petite ville près de South Armagh, connu pour ses taux élevés de porcentage du chomage et des réfugiés de l'IRA. Gerry Corr, leur père, travaillait dans une banque local et lui et sa femme, Jean, jouaient dans un groupe local appellé Sound Affair, qui reprenait les tubes de Abba et les airs des Eagles. Et lorsque Jim fut brievement embarqué dans un gang local et que les soeurs Corr séchaient les cours, la musique les ramenèrent dans le droit chemin.

Jim et Sharon commencèrent à jouer en duo localement, mais parvinrent à une audition pour le film d'Alan Parker The Commitments, qui parlait justement d'une groupe irlandais. Andrea décrocha un bon rôle et les autres firent également de petites apparitions. Pendant ce temps, la famille se regroupa pour former un quatuor et travailler sur leur musique. Trois ans plus tard, l'ambassadeur américain en Irlande, Jean Kennedy Smith, ayant apprcié leur travail, les invita à jouer à la Coupe du Monde aux US.

Les Corrs étaient finallement au bon endroit au bon moment, gagnant des fans américains et chantant avec le label Atlantic Records. Leur premier album international, Forgiven Not Forgotten, combina le pop/rock à la musique irlandaise traditionnelle et se vendit à plus de 3 millions de copies. Leurs tournées incessantes leur a ouvert la porte des marchés à travers l'Europe et ailleurs, mais l'Angleterre est toujours intouchable.

Andrea Corr pris un peu de temps pour jouer la maîtresse de Juan Peron dans le film Evita, avec Madonna, avant de retourner avec sa famille. Talk On Corners, leur second album, se vendit également très bien mais encore une fois ne fut pas une réussite après de l'audience anglaise. Cependant, après une apparition en 1998 au Royal Albert Hall, le tube Dreams remporta un franc succès, et à la fin de l'année Talk On Corners devint l'album le plus vendu de l'année en Angleterre, grimpant jusqu'au numéro un en Nouvelle-Zélande et en Malaisie.

L'inévitable single Breathless suivit, comme avant l'album In Blue, très apprécié, leur plus gros effort pop en date. Breathless devint célèbre aux US et soudain les Corrs se sont retrouvé les plus grands exportés depuis la Guiness. U2 participa à un de leurs concerts en 2001, ce qui fournit une plus grande audience et les Corrs sont parvenu à faire ce que Westlife et même Robbie William ont échoué : leur nom est devenu connu de tout le monde des deux côtés de l'Atlantique.

Malheureusement, leur mère Jean ne vivra pas assez longtemps pour voir le succès américain de ses enfants, mourrant tragiquement d'une maladie rare en 1999. Pour contribuer à appaiser la peine de leur père, Andrea et Caroline ont pris leur plume et écrit l'émouvant No More Cry. "Notre mère voulait que l'on continue, que l'on devienne meilleurs" dit Andrea. "Nous devons lui rendre hommage dans notre musique".

Les relations amoureuses des Corrs ont été très publiques, y compris la rumeur de sa relation avec Robbie Williams. Mais ce fut Sharon qui fut la première Corr à se marier avec Gavin Bonnar, son amour depuis pas mal de temps, en juillet 2001. Un an plus tard, Caroline épousa elle aussi Frank Wood dans une cérémonie intime. Le couple célébra la naissance de leur fils en février 2003.

PS : A ne pas louper : la zolie photo qui accompagnait l'interview :
Articles sur les Corrs - Page 2 Corrspb
miss
Administrateur
Administrateur
miss

MessageSujet: Re: Articles sur les Corrs   Articles sur les Corrs - Page 2 EmptyDim 9 Jan à 1:00

Merci beaucoup knacki !!! clap
Flora
CaCly Addicted
CaCly Addicted

MessageSujet: Re: Articles sur les Corrs   Articles sur les Corrs - Page 2 EmptyDim 9 Jan à 2:35

Ma traduc ressemble à ça heureux La phrase que je retiens moi c'est " les corrs sont devenu la chose la plus importée d'irlande depuis la guinness" ri ri ri ri
thanks knacki!
Elisa
CaCly Addicted
CaCly Addicted
Elisa

MessageSujet: Re: Articles sur les Corrs   Articles sur les Corrs - Page 2 EmptyDim 9 Jan à 4:30

Clair c'est trop marrant !!! vive les corrrrrrrrrrrrs (et la guinness heureux )
Brownie
Administrateur
Administrateur
Brownie

MessageSujet: Re: Articles sur les Corrs   Articles sur les Corrs - Page 2 EmptyMer 12 Jan à 14:30

Vu ici : http://www.clickcorrs.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2324
Pas un article sur les Corrs, mais par Andrea :

From Hotpress 6/20/04
by Andrea Corr

It’s strange to think about it, but when hotpress was launched 25 years ago I was only two. I don’t remember anything very clearly from that far back, but as a young child, I do recall being constantly with my sister Caroline – and her looking after me. There was only a year between us.

Normally, it’s assumed that makes it really hard for the other child because they’re taken off the knee and another baby’s put there – some children can react quite jealously. But Caroline just took me on as her baby. That’s what she called me, “baby”, and everything she got, she’d ask, ‘What about baby?’ Of course there were advantages for her: I remember she stole the chocolate Jim had saved up for Lent – she was able to say that she took it to give to me, even though she had chocolate all over her mouth.

I wouldn’t have been aware of the way in which music was changing at that time. My parents were into The Beatles, The Carpenters, Simon and Garfunkel – not quite punk rock! I know songs from those years. I remember the words of them even now – but then we were constantly surrounded by music. By the time we got to our teens, Caroline and I were in different classes at school and so we weren’t inseparable in the way that we had been. Each of us had our own friends.

Overall I was happy going to school and studying. It’s not very cool – but I was lucky because I had great fun as well. My best friend from Dundalk is still my best friend and we had a brilliant time – and yet our schoolwork didn’t seem to suffer that much. Not that it was all a bed of roses. Dundalk suffered immense poverty then. In certain estates, if I remember, something like 80% of the homes had absolutely no income coming in, except the dole.

Dundalk’s quite small and of course I had friends who were in the middle of all that. I remember one girl, a friend of mine whose circumstances, I discovered later, were particularly difficult. But people had a lot of pride and they didn’t tell, so you didn’t know it at the time. In a lot of ways, Dundalk was a really good place to grow up. In some respects it was a typical Irish town – in others it was quite different. The fact that it was close to the border with Northern Ireland definitely affected its character.

I remember daddy telling me how in 1969, something like 800 Catholic homes had been set on fire in the North. An awful lot of people fled to Dundalk and Dundalk took them in. That was a wonderful thing about Dundalk. It responded then in the way that you would hope people would respond to refugees now. But because they had been displaced, there were groups of people living there who had a lot of anger. People kept that hidden. But we became aware of it because there was a particular incident in our school. This guy was the caretaker and we loved him. We’d go to school early and play every morning. Then it was discovered that he had stored arms for the IRA in the roof of the school. That was a real shock because, in our experience, he was a great father, a great man, and a lovely person.

Caroline was very good at sports, but I wasn’t. I was terrible actually. I remember once, on Sports Day, when they said, ‘Go’ I ran straight to my mum and dad! I was always more into music and drama. I did school plays, and some in town as well. Your family is all-important when you’re young – that is life, that’s all it is, especially because we were so close. And you kind of don’t see beyond that. I was just 15 when the band started so I did really just go along. I was singing lead and writing – but I didn’t actually feel that I sat down and made a decision that this was what I was doing with my life. It was a natural thing to do.

The first time we played in Dundalk was at The Fairways. It held about 700 or 800 people, but not that many came. Were they sceptical of us in Dundalk? They were – as they would be anywhere in Ireland. I know that people thought that our parents were out of their minds – that whatever about young people having this dream of being in a band, the idea of their parents advocating that and supporting that, rather than getting them to apply to universities or whatever, was weird. I remember a guy said to me once, a friend of my father’s, “You know, I adore my daughters. I just can’t believe your parents aren’t making you go to university. I would never let my daughters miss out on that opportunity.” And I responded to him and said, “Well, listen I really understand that, because if I had your daughters I certainly wouldn’t advocate them not going to university either and starting a band.” And he laughed because he had a good sense of humour. I got him. And subsequently, years later, he did turn round and said, “I’m sorry that I didn’t get it back then.”

The next time we played Dundalk, Forgiven Not Forgotten was a hit album in Ireland. We did a tour that included De Laceys in Dundalk and we were so nervous about it. Of course, we knew we would be looking down on our friends, people we knew well, and that made it hard. I guess right from the start, I was bold enough to believe it was possible, that we would be successful. But I never imagined that it would develop in the way that it has. I felt that to be big in Ireland was being a star, which it is! But I never imagined the whole world getting involved in the way that it has.

There have been so many high points over the past decade. For a start, just seeing your album completed and in a shop is a really weird feeling. It’s fantastic. Then, hearing one of your songs for the first time on the radio. I guess the first times are always the best. Playing our first tour in Ireland, on the opening night, I think it was in Ennis, I had laryngitis and when it came to ‘Forgiven Not Forgotten’, I couldn’t sing. I felt really bad. And instead the whole audience sang it – and the disbelief of that moment, all these people singing the song was unforgettable.

Our Lansdowne Road show was definitely another high point. And the VH1 Special that we did recently was an incredible experience. It had a real, genuine, organic feel. It was just about making music, which kind of gets lost along the trail of promotion and everything like that. You can easily forget why you’re actually doing it. To do this concert and have Ronnie Wood come up and play guitar with us and to have Bono sing – I grew up looking at these people on TV, so on that level it was amazing. And then the whole idea of looking around and I’m up there on stage with people I love. And the music felt really good. That’s what it’s all about really. That’s why we started in the first place.
knackiball
Administrateur
Administrateur
knackiball

MessageSujet: Re: Articles sur les Corrs   Articles sur les Corrs - Page 2 EmptyMer 12 Jan à 15:06

Heu..la c'est flo qui t'y colles parce que z'ai pas le temps ri
Elisa
CaCly Addicted
CaCly Addicted
Elisa

MessageSujet: Re: Articles sur les Corrs   Articles sur les Corrs - Page 2 EmptyJeu 13 Jan à 10:08

oui mais la flo elle est pas là donc ... ri
knackiball
Administrateur
Administrateur
knackiball

MessageSujet: Re: Articles sur les Corrs   Articles sur les Corrs - Page 2 EmptyJeu 13 Jan à 12:34

Ca lui fera des révisions d'anglais demain soir chanteur
saut
Flora
CaCly Addicted
CaCly Addicted

MessageSujet: Re: Articles sur les Corrs   Articles sur les Corrs - Page 2 EmptySam 15 Jan à 3:13

Sincèrement j'aimerais mais j'aurais pas vraiment le temps j'ai pas mal de truc avec comme en accorrs, mes textes de théâtre à apprendre en plus j'suis pas trop là aujourd'hui donc j'suis déjà bien à la ramasse sorry mais j'essayerais chanteur
Elisa
CaCly Addicted
CaCly Addicted
Elisa

MessageSujet: Re: Articles sur les Corrs   Articles sur les Corrs - Page 2 EmptySam 15 Jan à 5:10

vous voulez que je tente ? ri 102 s
Brownie
Administrateur
Administrateur
Brownie

MessageSujet: Re: Articles sur les Corrs   Articles sur les Corrs - Page 2 EmptySam 15 Jan à 5:17

Si je suis en forme ce week-end, pouquoi pas ...
C'est plus motivant quand ce sont les paroles d'Andrea.
Flora
CaCly Addicted
CaCly Addicted

MessageSujet: Re: Articles sur les Corrs   Articles sur les Corrs - Page 2 EmptySam 15 Jan à 5:25

Evidement ri
Elisa
CaCly Addicted
CaCly Addicted
Elisa

MessageSujet: Re: Articles sur les Corrs   Articles sur les Corrs - Page 2 EmptySam 15 Jan à 9:04

allllllllllllllez c'est partie!!!!!!! clap
knackiball
Administrateur
Administrateur
knackiball

MessageSujet: Re: Articles sur les Corrs   Articles sur les Corrs - Page 2 EmptySam 15 Jan à 10:20

Quelqu'un se dévoue ? ri saut
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Articles sur les Corrs   Articles sur les Corrs - Page 2 Empty

Articles sur les Corrs
Page 2 sur 11Aller à la page : Précédent  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Suivant